Columbia, Maryland

Last year September I approached one of the personal trainers, to work with me and my cousin to improve our physically fitness in time for a birthday celebration my cousin was going to be having and we both wanted to be in shape. My cousin’s birthday was in November and we were going to be traveling to Las Vegas in the month of November 2013.

I further informed the trainer that I’d like to terminate the personal training at the end of November 2013 since I would have achieved my goal. I agreed to cover the training cost for both myself and cousin through that period on my credit card. It was my understanding that they can put an end date in the computer if the end date is known but he failed to do so. Upon my return to the gym the first week in December for a routine workout(not with a trainer).

The trainer approached me with paperwork which he said I needed to sign to make it official. I complied with his request. I later found out that my account (American Express) was billed for two months for which we did not have personal training nor did I authorized them to continue to bill my credit card for. Upon my inquiry I was told that I failed to sign the termination form timely which resulted in additional billings and that there is nothing Lifetime can do about reimbursing me.

I wrote to the President & Chairman and also to the Chief Operating Officer of their Corporate office in Minneapolis since February 2014 and yet to get a response despite a follow up email recently.

The manager and the associate of the Columbia Location bluntly refused to reimburse me and I am now out of $2,400. Sounds like a bait and switch right.......?

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Personal Trainer.

Comments

I canceled membership on August 1st but they still sending bill to me.

They want me to pay for Aug ~Oct but I didn't pay because I returned membership card when I returned and contract is a month to month so nothing to pay.

If you guys want to cancel membership,get the proof of letter from office otherwise,they will keep send to you bills.

Fortunately,I canceled my debt card right after cancel Lifetime member ship so they could not steal money from my bank account.

###one more thing,don't get the free one day pass coupon for your friend.They will follow your friend all the way and will bother.