Lifetime Fitness - Life Time Fitness Cell Phone Policy Not Enforced EVER.

152 of 320 Lifetime Fitness reviews

Update added by user Jul 04

Further proof:

Google: Spy Locker Room

or Spy Urinal

Update added by user Feb 18, 2015

NUDE Men/BOYS in Locker Room, I sat in the men’s locker room hot tub and watched a man sitting at the towel dry off area “texting” while a naked boy was walking by, and the father was either still in the showers or at the sinks.I could not tell if that man was texting or taking a picture of the naked boy.

Life Time Fitness initial sign for No Cell Phones came only after suit in Minnesota when a women in Minnesota Life Time Fitness Locker Room had taken picture of another women nude and posted with no consent and no awareness, resulting in law suit which was settled out of court, prompting the only 1 sign being posted in all 112 Life Time Fitness Locker rooms compared with 10 plus slippery and wet signs.

I've spoken with Member Relations, Risk Manager, Operations at Life Time Corporate:

I’ve talked with the Chief of Operations and he says it’s a private gym, he can change the policy, and if I’m not comfortable with it, maybe it’s not the gym for me. I told him, more people on cell phones, the more camouflaged one is to take pictures of others without anyone knowing, and if you’re allowing people to text and email, surf, set up blue tooth with cell phones in the locker room (and Life Time Fitness is allowing texting, surfing, email), you cannot say if or if not anyone is taking pictures, unless you can see the screen on their phone, and you cannot judge a person by the way they dress. Life Time fitness has posted 4 new signs but are not enforcing them, and they are saying clearly just not allowed to take or make verbal phone conversations and that cell phones cannot be in picture or video mode.

This clearly missed the point when I sat in the men’s locker room hot tub and watched a man sitting at the towel dry off area “texting” while a naked boy was walking by, and the father was either still in the showers or at the sinks. I could not tell if that man was texting or taking a picture of the naked boy. No one else seemed to care, including Life Time Fitness.

Life Time Corporate still has yet to enforce their stated policy, which they will say they are, say they are trying, and will blame members, instead of enforcing the policy. A matter of more concern about membership sales versus initiating and carrying out measures to protect privacy.

Many articles, cannot tell if picture taking unless you can see the cell phone screen, many articles: Cell Phone Policy must be enforced by Corporate with harsh penalties, Many voyeur websites showing locker room pictures and videos. I found many selfies taken from my gym in my locker room, walked in back of someone while a picture was being snapped. Picture taking is happening, they are aware. More concern with sales of Gym Memberships and avoiding responsibility.

Burden is on the unaware victim.And they advertise Family Friendly!

Update added by user Feb 07, 2015

I've spoken with the Chief of Operations, still NOT RESOLVED!!!!

Cell phone use continues and employees at both Summerlin and Green Valley are seen using cell phones, and they say cell phones are allowed.

They are not enforcing the NO CELL PHONE POLICY

THEY HAVE YET TO SEND OUT AN EMAIL BLAST

They let members check in at the front desk and continue to Men's Locker Room on Phones with Nude men and boys in the locker room.

I go to Life Time Fitness gym on Charleston Blvd, in Las Vegas since December 2011; it’s 1 of 112 Life Time gyms bases out of MN.They don’t enforce their No Cell Phone policy.

I’ve talked with the Chief of Operations Mr. Steve Larson and he says it’s a private gym, he can change the policy, and if I’m not comfortable with it, maybe it’s not the gym for me. I told him, more people on cell phones, the more camouflaged one is to take pictures of others without anyone knowing, and if you’re allowing people to text and email, surf, set up blue tooth with cell phones in the locker room (and Life Time Fitness is allowing texting, surfing, email), you cannot say if or if not anyone is taking pictures, unless you can see the screen on their phone, and you cannot judge a person by the way they dress. Life Time fitness has posted 4 new signs but are not enforcing them, and they are saying clearly just not allowed to take or make verbal phone conversations and that cell phones cannot be in picture or video mode.

I am currently in consultation with Senator Patricia Farley and Assemblyman John Hambrick regarding and requesting cell phone limits in locker rooms be added on Assembly Bill 49, since AB 49 involves intimate images, chief prosecuting officer of AB 49 is Attorney General Adam Paul Laxalt.http://collegeguykingdom.tumblr.com/post/30998818751/lockerroom-madness-***-***-*** http://www.wral.com/man-charged-with-photographing-boys-in-state-fair-restroom/13045427/ http://journalstar.com/news/local/911/judge-some-expectation-of-privacy-exists-in-locker-room/article_8fd6ac6e-a89d-5643-8cc9-74c3a425d1a5.html http://khon2.com/2014/10/14/state-to-review-social-media-use-after-locker-room-investigation/ https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/smile-youre-on-my-cell-phone-camera-phones-and-privacy http://www.redwoodsgroup.com/safety-resources/child-sexual-abuse-guidance-and-tools/safety-guidance/uk-fears-camera-phones-use-by-pedophiles-jewish-organizations/ http://www.techhive.com/article/117035/article.html http://www.examiner.com/article/should-cell-phones-be-banned-gym-locker-rooms http://www.thestar.com/life/2012/07/08/using_cellphones_in_public_bathrooms_locker_rooms_is_inappropriate.html http://www.reviewjournal.com/view/spring-valley/cellphone-selfies-spur-privacy-concerns-fitness-centers http://techpageone.dell.com/tech-culture/10-places-where-you-shouldnt-use-your-phone/ http://badgerherald.com/news/2007/10/31/turn-off-all-cell-ph/#.VKnQzct0yM8 http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2009/01/congress-gets-bill-to-make-cell-phone-cameras-go-click/ http://mtstandard.com/news/local/proposed-policy-bans-cell-phones-from-restrooms/article_565ecc4c-624e-11df-bd4e-001cc4c03286.html

Update added by user Nov 08, 2014

Not resolved, need sign at TV and Hot Tub in Men's Locker Room, and Attendants dragging feet, not their agenda to enforce policy.

Nov.4, 2014 Las Vegas Review Journal Article with me and an attorney comments:

I am asking for change of 3 items: 3 more identical signs, email blast, and enforcement of policy.

Life Time Fitness Summerlin does not enforce their Locker Room Recording Device Policy, Does not take minimum affirmative steps to protect against privacy rights violations risks, and is promoting atmosphere for child and adult male ***, by promoting use of recording devices in the locker rooms at lockers, TV area, sinks, and showers.

I have emails, photos, documentation, and notes, including notes I have taken when talking with other gym members in the locker room. I would like resolution to my valid concern (shared by many) regarding cell phones and electronic recording devices used at Life Time Fitness Summerlin Locker room around nude gym members of all ages. Life Time Fitness and Brian Frankwick never enforced policy, they have (1) no cell phone/electronic device sign up, but (12) slippery and wet signs, I see men using cell phones and other electronic devices equipped with cameras, and there are naked men and naked boys in front of these devices, including myself.

I've watched men "text" at the towel dry off area while naked boys are walking past the weight scale area, I'm in the hot tub and I cannot tell if they are texting or taking pictures. June 12: Man dressed sitting with legs in hot tub is taking pictures; I report this to Brian Frankwick Regional manager for NV, AZ, CA, and Manger for Summerlin. Locker Room attendants said this man taking pictures works at Life Time. Brian Frankwick said he will address issue next day at meeting.

I suggested hanging up more signs, and enforce their policy. Brian Frankwick never did anything. July 17 Meeting with Brian Frankwick (manger of LTF Summerlin, and Regional Manager for NV, AZ, CA). He said he would put up No Cell Phone/No recording device sign at TV, Sinks, Hot Tub, will send out email blast reminding members of policy and educating them on the risks, will have employees sign policy and expectations to enforce policy.

None of this ever happened. I told Brian Frankwick about my observations in the hot tub while men sitting at the towel dry off area and naked boys are present, and their fathers are either in the showers or at the sinks, unaware of environment. Cannot tell if texting or taking pictures. I told Life Time Fitness/Brian Frankwick that Apple I Phone photographs and videotapes on each side, that a man had cell phone 1 foot from my butt as I put on underwear at the lockers, that men pick up their phones and text and talk while we are all standing at the sinks with and without towels around our waists.

July 29 Life Time Legal sends me email letter (still have) after I said I was going to media, they said they would add the signs, send out email blast, and enforce the policy. Never happened. End of August and beginning of September I was told by 3 locker room attendants: Michael, Rick, Xerxes, and one other that the manager Brian Frankwick says you are allowed to use your cell phones for texting and talking but not taking pictures or video, that they now change the policy, and if anyone takes your picture, to tell the locker room attendant or Brian Frankwick. Life Time Fitness is encouraging cell phone use, and you can see members and employees near locker room attendants on cell phones, and even one locker room attendants, such as PJ making personal calls.

You cannot say if they are texting or talking, or taking pictures or video. There is no way of knowing. https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/smile-youre-on-my-cell-phone-camera-phones-and-privacy states difficult to determine if your picture is taken because you're unaware. My complaint is that Life Time is aware, and they brand this business as being family oriented.

October 8 at 3:30 pm I walked into a selfie, I was not in the picture when we reviewed the photo, that the member showed. That member taking the picture was camouflage because there were around 5 other people on cell phones. This member had taken the picture because Brian Frankwick and Life Time Fitness created the risky environment for this to easily occur. Life Time Fitness tells people you can use your cell phones in the locker room, locker room attendants and other employees routinely walk by people on computers, IPads, cell phones.

After walking into selfie, 5 minutes later I brought the locker room attendant Xerxes Aryan Sarfaraz to that member at the lockers. I wasn't in the picture, but what if it was a small unaware child and child was in the picture? Another man would probably also been unaware and its 3:30pm. The member confessed to snapping the picture.

I'm seeing self-ie taken at this LTF locker room in Vegas on dating and pick up sites, so pictures are being taken, And Brian Frankwick and locker room attendants say no one is taking pictures. This all happened because Brian Frankwick and Life Time Fitness allow cell phone used freely, cell phone and electronic device definitely d id NOT looked out of place. It would be less risky for privacy rights violation if they actually enforced their NO Cell Phone Policy, safer for all members of all ages. I told Life Time Fitness all this in July 2014, and have documentation proving this.

October 10 I had spoken with Life Time Risk Management Josh Redding, he lied, saying cell phones were never allowed in locker room, He would not verbalize the locker room cell phone policy, and said that the legal department will carry through on their promises to put up more signs, send out email blast. I said their attendants told me October 8 that they cannot enforce the policy unless management tells them to enforce the policy, and he was speechless, and then thanked me for my time. Life Time Legal has not followed through on their promise. October 20: Employee from pool area checking men’s locker room hot tub water says cell phones forbidden in family locker room but thinks you can use cell phones in men’s locker room (same place where there are naked men and boys.

Brian Frankwick did not follow through on his plan of training staff. October 20: Man walks by me in locker room using tablet, I asked locker room attendant if allowed, locker room attendant said he thinks not, but have to check, if we see them on phones we tell them to put them away. Locker room attendants are not enforcing the No Cell Phone Policy. October 24: I told Xerxes that a man is on cell phone pushing buttons, standing near towel area facing wide open area, and Xerxes says he tell them other times, that they get angry, that his pay grade is low.

Employees are not educated, policy not enforced, and they are not doing anything for long term policy change. Life Time Legal never followed through on promise, Brian Frankwick/Life Time created unsafe environment by allowing devices used, and allowed greater use end of August 2014. Why doesn’t check in desk verbally tell members checking in about the cell phone policy, why isn’t there more signs and an email blast as promised by Life Time Legal, Brian Frankwick, and Risk Manager Josh Redding? Why are the attendants not checking for Policy violation by doing checks, because when I’m putting on my underwear, I clearly can watch a lot of cell phone use on October 24th in the afternoon months after my complaints, and after October 8th waking into Selfie at 3:30pm.

http://www.techhive.com/article/117035/article.html Lot of good information. http://www.examiner.com/article/should-cell-phones-be-banned-gym-locker-rooms video shows LTF gym video while people showering, and captures guy taking picture while videoing. No 30, 40, 50, or 60 year old man who appears well dressed with a professional job should be walking around the locker room, standing at the row of sinks, or sitting on the bench using cell phones or I PAD to carry out executive level business while I'm bending over to put on my underwear, while other men are walking around naked, or while naked boys are present. No one truly knows the character of these men.

It is more offensive to have a phone pointed at me or child than it is offensive to tell that person with phone to put away their phone and to adhere to the policy. Life Time Fitness Summerlin is a business, anyone can buy shares or gym membership, they want to make money for their shareholders, and they don't want bothered with addressing the Cell Phone Policy, and laws have not caught up to technology. However, Life Time Fitness has a policy, and they should warn parents and members of risks if they are not enforcing policy, because members are unaware of illegal use of recording devices used in gyms, and Life Time encourages cell phone and electronic device use. Nicolas Cage goes to this gym, and he does not undress.

Famous skateboarder had to stop using urinal because another member pretended to text in attempt to attempt to take a picture of his *** urinating. I cannot tell you about the child ***, because those doing it are very secretive and keep the pictures for their private collections. We can assume this is happening. WHAT I WANT AT LIFE TIME FITNESS in SUMMERLIN: 3 courses of actions: 1.3 additional signs put up, exact same identical sign as already hanging when walking into the locker room: “the use of all cellular telephones and devices with photographic or video capabilities is not permitted within locker room areas 1 at the TV, 1 at the Sinks, 1 at the hot tub.

If signs are up, those afraid to complain, can point to the sign, or be more prompted to complain. 1.Email blast to go to Life Time Summerlin Members reminding them of the policy of not using cell phones or any device with recording capabilities in the locker room. They send out email blasts for different issues such as club closure, complaints of keeping lockers overnight, activities, etc. They can send out an email blast reminding about the policy, state the reason: to protect all member's privacy, to create safe environment, to class up the gym, to diminish risk of accidental photos.

Have attendants enforce the policy: have them sign a paper that they know the policy. Once members are told to put away their devices because of the risks to other members, they gladly put away those devices. Fewer devices used, more out of place others will be when they pick up their devices, more aware other gym members will be, safer everyone will be. Please see my CNN I REPORT.

I would like my story on CNN so to protect other gym members.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1182887 Picture on the "only" sign: No Cell Phone or recording devices (12 slippery and wet signs are in locker room), Life Time Fitness Women's Locker Room, Selfie picture taken in my gym locker room, found on a dating site.All pictures are on CNN.

Original review posted by user Oct 09, 2014

I walked into a self-ie picture taking at 3:30pm Oct 8, 2014, I was wet (now with underwear on), but was not in the picture, 5 minutes later I brought the locker room attendant that I talk to a lot, Xerxes Aryan Sarfaraz, to that member who had taken the picture.I wasn't in the picture, but what if it was a small child and was in the picture?

Another man would probably been unaware and it's 3:30pm. The member confessed to snapping the picture. I'm seeing self-ie taken at this LTF locker room in Vegas on dating and pick up sites, so pictures are being taken, And they say no one is taking pictures.

This all happened because they allow cell phone use, not looked out of place with him holding up his cell phone, it would be less risky for privacy rights violation if they enforce their NO Cell Phone Policy, safer for all members of all ages.I told Life Time Fitness all this in July 2014.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
152 of 320 Lifetime Fitness reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 18 #1129664

Dude ....you sound crazy to me. Shower at home for God's sake.
Paranoid fool.
And Please take your medicine and don't skip a dose.

3 2 Reply

Jan 24 #1100104

Good lord - nobody cares- it's a business, if you don't like how it's run don't spend money there. I'm sure you can find a gym with private changing rooms. Also you seem to be spending a lot of time in the locker room, is your constant staring at everyone around you not odd? I feel ten time more comfortable seeing someone texting than when I see a creeper sitting in the hot tub eyeballing everyone.

8 3 Reply
Nobody cares

Feb 22, 2015 #949236 Athens, Georgia, United States

Documentation of people on their cell phones in the locker room??? Something seems odd about that. How about mind your own business and if you actually see something fishy, then turn into Inspector Gadget. What you're doing is weird, we live in a modern society.

8 5 Reply

Feb 18, 2015 #947721 Los Angeles, California, United States

Jesus Christ. Shower at home if you're so flustered by cell phones everywhere you go! You are the one here coming across as obsessed by watching others and what they may, or may not, be doing. Quit being such a busybody.

10 5 Reply

Feb 12, 2015 #945058

I applaud your efforts to protect the privacy and prevent the potential exploitation of others. The possibility for predation and exploitation is magnified exponentially, and your tenacious intervention is much appreciated. Were more people to speak out such as you have, the world would be a safer place for all.
As a child advocate, I have seen how predators and exploiters avail themselves of situations like this, and how, unchecked, this situation jeopardizes the safety and well-being of all, and especially the safety and lives of children, who we are responsible for protecting.

6 6 Reply

Feb 01, 2015 #939323

"No 30, 40, 50, or 60 year old man who appears well dressed with a professional job should be walking around the locker room, standing at the row of sinks, or sitting on the bench using cell phones or I PAD to carry out executive level business while I'm bending over to put on my underwear, while other men are walking around naked, or while naked boys are present"
So what if it is a 20 or 70 or 80 or 90 year old?

5 6 Reply

Jan 31, 2015 #939289

A little paranoid, dude? You don't know what others are doing on their own personal phones. They could be just texting or whatever. And why are little boys walking around locker rooms naked unsupervised anyway? Do they not have towels they can wear? They are ignoring you because you are full of ***.

8 5 Reply
duanewyland

Nov 23, 2014 #904933 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

This is my current standing with Life Time Fitness Summerlin in Las Vegas, Nevada:
The article is great and could not have been better: http://www.reviewjournal.com/view/spring-valley/cellphone-selfies-spur-privacy-concerns-fitness-centers
Natalie Burshaw said Life Time has a firm no cell phone policy at all 112 gyms.
This is not true, and she was honest when we talked on the phone.
I met with Brian Frankwick November 21, 2014, I made it clear, policy is not being enforced, people are still on their phones, attendants are not enforcing the policy, and they did not deliver on their promises. I and others are saying they only put up signs, their agenda is to sale gym memberships, people are still on their phones. We do not want to be placated; we want to see the No Cell Phone Policy enforced. Other gyms do it, why can’t Life Time?
Around November 6th, I called Natalie Bushaw and said I'd like to bring her up to speed on what is happening at Life Time after I read her statements in the Review Journal. She said a lot more signs will be going up at all Life Time Fitness, and that they now realize that they must have a zero no cell phone policy in the locker room, and that they will be sending out email blast to all members informing them of the No Cell Phone Policy (will be enforced), that they are just looking at the wording. Yesterday November 21, 2014, I had a meeting with Brian Frankwick at Life Time Fitness Summerlin, he is the general manager of
... Show more

3 5 Reply

Feb 19, 2015 #948165 Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Ironically Mr. Wyland is the same person who violates club policy by taking the key to the locker home every night. Clearly he can't read either what the club's policies are. I watched him do this many times and maybe next time I will use my cell phone to record his actions if he is still a member.
I had to google the d*&k's name to see who would complain about this ***. When I seen the picture I wasn't surprised.
Hey dude, go join another gym or better yet quit this one and stay home. God help me next time I see you take two locker keys home so you can store your s*&T overnight. Maybe you should pay the extra money to have your own locker.

5 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.