Livonia, Michigan
4.4K views

Thank you for your e-mail. I’m sorry that you have had a poor experience. We are not able to process a cancellation over e-mail. We have two ways to cancel: In person at any Life Time, or by way of a Post Office Certified letter. The balance of $390.75 is still owed and is facing further collection efforts. You may call to make full payment at 866.951.4171. We are not able to remove any of the charges if you want the membership canceled. In the event that you would like to keep the membership with us either active or on hold I would be willing to remove some of the charges once the billing information has been updated to a new, working debit or credit card.

Please let me know what would be the best option for you.

Kind regards,

Sam North.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Membership.

Comments

As a person who has worked as an email response customer service representative for a retailer, lifetime wasn't refusing to cancel this person's membership, they were simply advising the person that a membership can't be cancelled via email. They gave this person options on how to cancel their membership.

In many cases, email responders don't have the capability to perform certain functions, based on how a business is set up. Many businesses that have memberships require cancellation to be done in person and it's always included in the terms of service you signed when you become a member.

@readthetermsofservice

you have no idea of the entire situation or the reason I posted this comments. it is either you are an employee of LIFE TIME FITNESS or just someone with a lot of time time in his or her hands.

I attempted twice to cancel my membership in person at the LIFE TIME FITNESS in my area just to be told I have to send a written letter to LIFE TIME FITNESS headquarter.

SO you see that you are simply wrong assuming that I am ignorant and do not know how to do business. you are forgiven my friend.

cheers,

@alex

You posted no other information so how are they supposed to know that you attempted to cancel in person?