Killeen, Texas

My twin son's used my credit card to signup to Lifetime Fitness as a students. Although they only used it for 3 months during the summer, they continued to charge $10/month for both my son's for this membership.

One of my son's just recently got cancelled after one year. Since we live more than 2 hours from the nearest Lifetime Fitness center, the only way to cancel is by certified mail. You can't send an email to cancel or have an online cancellation. I spent over $700 over a year due to their poor cancellation policy.

One of my twins used the membership over the summer and specifically told them to cancel on August 31 2011. The GM at a Liftime called me and told me my son had used his membership during August and it takes 30 days to cancel and have not received a cancellation from him.

I have been charged for September and October because of their not canceling his membership. Be wary of using recurring credit card for fitness membership.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Membership.

Comments

I have spent more and more money on trainers that increase my session rate because of their constant increase of their "Level of certification". Come to find out my trainer isn't even certified!

Their levels are based on how much sales each trainer brings in monthly!

What a scam! This "healthy way of life company" is only concerned with the HEALTHY SIZE OF YOUR POCKETBOOK!

I am attempting to be an ex-member of Life Time fitness. My husband, myself, and our two children, joined LTF back in March when they first opened.

We used our membership for a few months, but then my husband got laid off from his job. Since he is our only source of income currently, we chose to cancel our membership. This was back in September. However,despite canceling our membership, they continued to charge us for October anyways.

We got a refund after fighting with them, and thought that this issue was resolved but where recently charged for November. We tried to contact several members of the upper management to resolve this issue, and after two weeks of attempting to reach them, someone finally contacted us and said that we would get a refund within a week. It has been over a week now, and we have yet to see a refund. My husband and I have been taking turns trying to get a hold of someone, yet now they are just flat out ignoring us, and our refusing to return our calls at all.

Now we have to cancel our debit card, and get new ones to prevent them from automatically pulling from our bank account every month, "What A Nightmare". We have spoken with my uncle who is a lawyer and we are considering taking them to court. I am going to spread the word to as many websites and people as I possibly can about this. Also their LTF bucks are also a complete joke.

We had over 300 dollars in credit, from singing up with them as well as from a friend referral, and we were hoping to use the bucks for swim lessons, but that never happened. Much like everything else you have to fight with them to get them. They enrolled my children with no problem, but because we were using LTF bucks to pay for the lessons, we became low priority.

So my kids swim lessons starting date went from June to July, to Aug,to nonexistent.I would highly recommend not becoming a member of LTF. If you do decide to join,please do it with extreme caution.

Don't give your kids your credit card. My kids have the student membership and they made that very clear when they signed up - $10 charge while they are in school and $49 when they are home and using it.