Denver, Colorado

BEWARE! They advertise that there's no enrollment fee, but there is a hefty administrative fee (what's the difference?). I was told, over the phone, I had a 14 day money back guarantee, BUT, I had to join right then and there over the telephone--tomorrow would void my 14 day guarantee. So, I did it and made an appointment for the next day to sign paperwork. When I came in, Jeff Tamblyn (the sleazy, manipulative snake of a sales manager), wasn't there. The front desk guy tried to talk me out of a tour and said I should just go work out. I wasn't comfortable with that--I had some questions and wasn't sure if this was the right gym for me - considering so many reviews talked about overcrowding.

After 10 minutes of waiting, I see the front desk guy look at another employee, point at me and then puff his cheeks out. I've gained a considerable amount of weight in the last 6 months after losing a sibling to cancer, and I'm very self conscious about it. It really upset me and I walked out in tears and cried the whole way home. I never expected to be subjected that that kind of high school ridicule.

I called back trying to get my refund, but nobody would take my call. Finally, I spoke to someone named Dan who was very upset for me and sympathetic. He said he would look into getting my refund and call me back. Dan never called me back. When I called back to ask for him, they denied knowing who he was. Later, I called back and they told me Dan went home. So, I called the Parker facility to see if anyone there could assist me. I spoke to someone named Lauren, who was realy sympathetic and embarassed by the way the other facility was handling this, but she didn't know how to help me, procedurally, so she asked their sales manager to help me. Their sales manager told me that I needed to come in and sign cancellation papers. I asked how that was possible since I never signed enrollment papers. In the meantime, sleazy Jeff Tamblyn is leaving me a voice mail saying that I shouldn't let this situation make me "abandon my fitness goals" and that I needed to get refocused on that. In other words, no refund. I kept calling back and said to let Jeff know that, if I didn't get a refund, I'd file a consumer complaint with the State Attorney General. The employee then threatened to turn me over to Lifetime Fitness's attorneys to be sued. Really?

So, I called back and Jeff never answers his phone, so I couldn't get a hold of him (later, he denied that I ever called him back, although I do have call record saying I called him at 1:30 p.m.). Finally, Jeff and Dan (who never left - the front desk was just lying to me about that) called me back. Jeff did all the talking. Once again, he tried to give me his sleazy, classless sales pitch before denying how I was treated. Jeff said that he didn't know if any of the things I was claiming actually happened. He also agreed that, yes - since I said I was going to file with the Attorney General, Lifetime should be turning me over to their attorneys. I don't think Jeff even knows what a consumer complaint with the State Attorney General is - he kept accusing me of threatening to sue them. He is just another barely educated, no integrity salesman trying to take a buck from anyone he can at any cost.

However, it finally took the embarassment of me confronting him with not knowing the difference between a law suit and a consumer complaint for hiim to finally agree to give me my money back. I also pointed out that, since I never signed any sort of agreement, he had no legal right to hold onto the money.

Bottom line: Do not sign up with Lifetime. The gym is absurdly crowded, the employees are insensitive and rude and the salesmen are sleazy and dishonest! Do not give them your money ahead of time - NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY BECAUSE THEY WILL TRY TO HOLD ONTO IT AT ANY COST

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Facility.

Comments

why should she remove this? she has every right to express her feelings and give details on the incident that happened with lifetime.

This message I got from employee @ Life Time... Very Rude and Unprofessional

"There is no need for further communication with either the club or the corporate office regarding the status of your membership."

Suzie

Corporate Member Relations Associate

Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life CompanySM

Life Time Fitness - Corporate Office

2902 Corporate Pl

Chanhassen, MN 55317

Phone: 888.430.6432 ext. 100395

selliott@lifetimefitness.com"

Here's an attack for you, consumer:

Slander is when something is spoken and libel is when it is written. Try using a dictionary.

This entire blog is a personal attack and is extremely slanderous. Please remove this.