Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen
4.3K views

If you're planning on sending your under 13 year old kids to Lifetime summer camp I suggest you first visit to see how the "camp" is operated.

1. Teen activity leaders (or whatever they call themselves) seem to have no skills at all in dealing w/ children. Seems some must actually not like them at all. I've seen many treat the kids as if they are Marine Corp recruits, telling them to shut up, sit down, don't talk, don't move or else you'll be in time out for the rest of the day (this @ 12 noon).

2. Never take attendance: At any given moment I'm sure they could not determine who is and who is not at the club. No check -offs when they get back from field trips,and unless I'm noticed (not too likely) no check offs mandated when I pick my 9 year old up. Some day I may show up, sign up and then take my daughter home just to confirm they'd be clueless as to her absence.

3. Greeting the new kid on the first day of camp: You walk in, sign in (if your childs name happens to have made it to the pre-printed list, about a 2 in 3 chance as the hand written sign in's are many). You're not told who your child will be spending their week with, or even the day with. When you ask, the sign-in teen will say : "Oh, I don't know" while turning to another teen employee for an answer, who'll then say "Not sure,just let her go over to that corner and put her stuff in the tub" We'll get started soon". Because of this lack of leader assigment, many kids just sit alone by the walls / windows wondering (I'm guessing) as to what the *** kind of camp is this? Which is what I'm wondering myself.

I'm dropping her even if it costs me my deposits for the remaining 2 weeks I signed her up for. This is no way to run a childrens day camp, no way to treat kids and no way to help parents feel secure in their childrens care while away at camp. Lifetime should be ashamed!

Comments

I’ve seen the type of camps at gym and I know I would never spend my money or even feel safe enough to send my toddlers to such camps. Kids don’t learn much and don’t get the best summer experience they could get with other camps.

outdated response, lifetime fitness that I go to have the best employees that really care for my children

@Anonymous

Actually, it's not outdated. I had my kids enrolled in camp in 2017 and had a very similar experience.

Both my girls were crying the last day of camp and never wanted to come back again. I had them signed up for a subsequent camp which I was charge pre-maturely for and never received a refund, even two years later. The kids were running amok all over the place with little to no supervision.

Total chaos with kids bullying the other kids. Never put my kids in there again or ever recommend it to anyone.

Have you ever wanted to make a scene, throw things, yell...I want to see the manager...with kids in tow. I didn't do it...and regret it.

Last year I enrolled my kids in Lifetime Atlanta (at the Prado) camp. I paid plenty and additionally for a meal plan. I was disappointed that my 9 year old was only allowed to dip his feet in the pool because he couldn't swim 50 meters. He could swim 25.

He was roped off in a baby pool area. But...having paid for a meal plan, I was very pissed off when MY KIDS WERE NOT FED one day...at an all day camp. Can my kids survive not being fed...yes. But camp isn't a survival game...it supposed to be fun.

And when the camp counselor told me..."well...he asked if everyone had their food and no one said anything...so the counselors ate everything else" I was so ticked off. I'm mostly disappointed in myself that I did not complain louder at the time.

What a terrible place to leave your children. I hope none of you do.

My children went to a day camp during the cold weather in MN when the schools were closed. I did not know that a lunch form needed to be filled out for them to be served lunch.

I asked if we should bring lunch from home and was told they would be served from a selection that they get to pick. Great, I thought! When I picked them up they were completely out of sorts, crying and being very difficult. NOT normal for my kids.

On the drive home I was told that they were "starving" because all they had eaten all day were the gummy fruit snacks I put in their back pack. No one offered them lunch, asked if they brought a lunch and worst of all NO ONE EVEN CALLED ME TO ASK if they should be fed.

Answer this one question: Do people who pay 260.00 a month for a club membership want their kids to go without being for 8 hours straight??!?! I know 10 year olds who would have more common sense than the people running the kids camp.

I totally agree with the mom. Both of my kids came home crying.

All of their claims about summer camp are bunch of lies. In experienced people with no ethics are running the camp.

The kids are running wild with no check. I would advise everyone to do throrough research before placing their kids in these camps.

@An Angry Mom

That is true, they are asking money without any service.

@An Angry Mom

I agree with you that it is run my inexperienced kids and they don't even bother to provide lunch even if we paid for it.

I totally agree with the comment reviews regarding children's summer camp. (I accidentally hit *** by accident).

AWFUL!! IT IS NOW 2013, and you think they would have learned a thing or two about running the camp! Its worth it to pay some more and go elsewhere!

RUN!!

I have spent more and more money on trainers that increase my session rate because of their constant increase of their "Level of certification". Come to find out my trainer isn't even certified!

Their levels are based on how much sales each trainer brings in monthly!

What a scam! This "healthy way of life company" is only concerned with the HEALTHY SIZE OF YOUR POCKETBOOK!

Their levels are based on how much sales each trainer brings in monthly!

SHAPEnw is even worse. The staff and directer and totally unqualified and put my child in danger.

The damage they did is going to be lasting. They are not to be trusted under any circumstance,ever!