Washington, District Of Columbia

Update by user Jan 22, 2012

update: instead of just quitting and being pissed, I decided to contact Lifetime headquarters in Minnesota to find out if they support (or ignore) this kind of behaviour by one of their club managers. I wrote a letter describing the incident and asked for their feedback and I have to say, it was prompt and professional. A Vice-President of Member Services called me back right away to apologize and the next day, the club manager (that had offered to terminate my membership) called to apologize as well.

This shows, that insisting on proper treatment of the consumer is still respected by the people that know, that in the end they need customers and that it\'s better to treat them properly, than to have them leave (and share their bad experience).

Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2011

I've been a member in a Lifetime Fitness club in Michigan for over 10 years. One of the benefits of the club I had come to enjoy was the hot tub, in particular one spot in one hot tub, which had a very strong water jet, that was great for a massage and I noticed that lots of people were using that spot for that reason.

So when that jet broke I brought it to the attention of the staff in that area (5 times over a 2 week period) and when that did not produce any result to the club manager. I told him what the problem was and offered him to help with getting this fixed, which in my estimation would only take 15min, by exchanging one jet nozzle with another (that was not as strong and therefore would not be missed), while waiting if necessary for spare parts. After another 2 weeks and talking to the club manager the 3rd time after empty promises of that he'd look into it, I was getting quite irritated and told him, that maybe I should look for another club that has a working hot tub and would take my concern more seriously. His response: o.k.

let me have your membership card, I can cancel it for you right now. How is that for customer service?

And their mission statement reads:

"We're here to provide a... friendly and inviting...experience of uncompromising quality": wow, are you kidding me?

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Membership.

Comments

I have spent more and more money on trainers that increase my session rate because of their constant increase of their "Level of certification". Come to find out my trainer isn't even certified!

Their levels are based on how much sales each trainer brings in monthly!

What a scam! This "healthy way of life company" is only concerned with the HEALTHY SIZE OF YOUR POCKETBOOK!

#420678

lifetime fitness is beautiful but the staffing is a primer in "what is wrong with american service."

I have a feeling they are underpaid, which is sad, and as a member I am uncomfortable paying $2-300 per month for my family and they still won't pay the staff decent enough wages to keep them happy (or attract folks who are already happy). A problem.