Colorado Springs, Colorado

I had to relocate to Colorado Springs from Parker, CO secondary to the fact that my clinical rotations associated to my medical training are located in Colorado Springs. On 7/27/11, I attempted to cancel my membership at Lifetime Fitness in Parker, CO and against my better judgment, was persuaded to suspend the membership instead. My membership was frozen from 8/1/2011 to 7/1/2011. I did not utilize any Lifetime Fitness facilities during this period and I was not billed. I was billed $59.95 beginning 7/1/2011 which I paid 7/20/2011. On 7/20/2011 I requested my membership to be cancelled yet again and was told that it would be cancelled and I would no longer be billed for a service that I do not utilize. A written request was initiated by JJ Salway at the Lifetime Fitness location in Colorado Springs in accordance with their policy. On 9/9/2011 I received a past due notice stating that I owed $119.90 despite a written request for cancellation of membership on 7/20/2011.

"Membership Termination: Because we do not use long-term membership contracts, you may terminate your membership for any reason upon advance written notice to Life Time Fitness as provided in your membership contract. See "Service or Program Cancellations and Refunds-Membership" below.

Membership. A primary or partner member may terminate the membership (or any member may remove or terminate himself or herself from a membership) for any reason upon advance written notice to Life Time as provided in our membership contract with you. To provide written notice of termination, you must complete a termination request form in person at the center or send a letter request via certified mail (return receipt requested) to the center. We do not accept termination requests by phone, email, fax or online."

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Membership.

Comments

I have spent more and more money on trainers that increase my session rate because of their constant increase of their "Level of certification". Come to find out my trainer isn't even certified!

Their levels are based on how much sales each trainer brings in monthly!

What a scam! This "healthy way of life company" is only concerned with the HEALTHY SIZE OF YOUR POCKETBOOK!

Class action suit now forming. Go to www lifetimefitnessclassaction dot com to sign up and get your fees back