Sterling, Virginia
2.1K views

When i joined my local club in late October, I received 5 personal training sessions using their "bucks" program. I also purchased 4 additional sessions out of pocket on their Black Friday sale.

I was paired with an inexperienced trainer who has very poor communication skills and could never seem to meet with me. I tired of not being able to coordinate schedules and complained to my membership consultant, who forwarded me to their new Director of Personal Training. He promised that he "would make things right" and offered me two complimentary personal training sessions. I was encouraged, so I delayed submitting cancellation for my membership.

It has been almost a month since then, and he and I have yet to meet. In addition, he stopped returning my messages a week ago. I have asked for immediate cancellation of my membership and a refund for the 4 sessions that I paid for, but I've been constantly told that isn't their policy and basically no one can or will do anything to help me.

Stay away from this club - they only care about signing you up and taking your money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Personal Training.

Comments

At least the pt dept chair said he would make things right. Mine called me up and yelled at me and said unless I bought all the extras they refused to train me and I should use my LTbucks on something else. Too bad all the trainers are constantly standing around and chatting at the pt desk after I was also told they were so booked with appts that my lt bucks would expire before they had any available appts.

I have spent more and more money on trainers that increase my session rate because of their constant increase of their "Level of certification". Come to find out my trainer isn't even certified!

Their levels are based on how much sales each trainer brings in monthly!

What a scam! This "healthy way of life company" is only concerned with the HEALTHY SIZE OF YOUR POCKETBOOK!