I had a situation come up where I had to go home for a month to take care of my dad after a heart attack. Linda (Bianconi, I believe her last name is,) the "customer service" person at Life Time Fitness in Burr Ridge refused to place my account on hold, because I did not know if I would be back. She said this service was only to maintain good will with customers, and if I was no longer going to be a customer, then there was no reason to extend that courtesy to me.
I called the Life Time Fitness corporate office in Minnesota, where a customer service person there yelled at me for expecting any consideration for my situation, because there are no exceptions to the rules. I wasn't asking for a free month or anything like that, only that I get what I was paying for. I told them I would be away for a month and that I did not mind paying the full price when I returned, but she said payment was not based on usage. She was unhelpful and unpleasant. When I commented on how rude she was being (admittedly losing my patience and telling her she owed me an apology,) she told me that she had absolutely nothing to apologize for, that she was educating me. She then went on to talk to me in a very insulting manner for a few minutes, before I finally commented that what goes around comes around, and hung up on her.
The fact that these people would add to the stress I am under and yell at me at a time when I am already under a great strain"”just so they can have my $80 for the month I am away"”is unthinkable. These are the people who are representing you and your company. These are the types of people that engender ill will towards Life Time Fitness and associate poor customer service with the Life Time Fitness brand. I found this thread full of customers who have had similar experiences, and felt compelled to add my story to theirs. The type of behavior those Life Time Fitness employees exhibited is unnecessary. Everyone has a job to do, but the way these employees have gone about doing their jobs is blatantly offensive and low class. They made enemies for life, whereas they could have made loyal customers"”all for $80.
I have canceled my Life Time Fitness membership. The $80 they are getting from me while I am away will be the last $80 Life Time Fitness will ever get from me.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Life Time Fitness
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
You May Also Like
- "I had a situation come up where I had to go home for a month to take care of my dad after a heart attack. Linda (Bianconi, I believe her..."
- "My Anytime Fitness contract ended months ago and I cancelled today. I still have to pay the next 30 days installment. Plus theyve been ripping me off since Ontario passed..."
- "Anytime Fitness is a sketchy money hungry corporation that puts financial gain over customer convienence. If you think it's an easy cancellation process... Think again! If you think it's an..."
- "Carl the manager does not care about his residential clients. After 2 weeks of saying my lawn was dead, the manager, Carl, finally came out. He told me..."
- "My husband recently hired on with malone flat bed. After three weeks no pay, my husband came down with a infection, he had to have surgery, his dispatcher calls him..."
- "So my boyfriends grandma likes her little cute snacks such as chocolate covered graham crackers from Starbucks. I figured she had some key lime pie flavored ones, so it's been..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."