Lifetime Fitness - Low Class, Contemptible Customer Service
I had a situation come up where I had to go home for a month to take care of my dad after a heart attack. Linda (Bianconi, I believe her last name is,) the "customer service" person at Life Time Fitness in Burr Ridge refused to place my account on hold, because I did not know if I would be back. She said this service was only to maintain good will with customers, and if I was no longer going to be a customer, then there was no reason to extend that courtesy to me.
I called the Life Time Fitness corporate office in Minnesota, where a customer service person there yelled at me for expecting any consideration for my situation, because there are no exceptions to the rules. I wasn't asking for a free month or anything like that, only that I get what I was paying for. I told them I would be away for a month and that I did not mind paying the full price when I returned, but she said payment was not based on usage. She was unhelpful and unpleasant. When I commented on how rude she was being (admittedly losing my patience and telling her she owed me an apology,) she told me that she had absolutely nothing to apologize for, that she was educating me. She then went on to talk to me in a very insulting manner for a few minutes, before I finally commented that what goes around comes around, and hung up on her.
The fact that these people would add to the stress I am under and yell at me at a time when I am already under a great strain"”just so they can have my $80 for the month I am away"”is unthinkable. These are the people who are representing you and your company. These are the types of people that engender ill will towards Life Time Fitness and associate poor customer service with the Life Time Fitness brand. I found this thread full of customers who have had similar experiences, and felt compelled to add my story to theirs. The type of behavior those Life Time Fitness employees exhibited is unnecessary. Everyone has a job to do, but the way these employees have gone about doing their jobs is blatantly offensive and low class. They made enemies for life, whereas they could have made loyal customers"”all for $80.
I have canceled my Life Time Fitness membership. The $80 they are getting from me while I am away will be the last $80 Life Time Fitness will ever get from me.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Life Time Fitness
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
You May Also Like
- "If you are a member, or are considering becoming a member at LA Fitness, reconsider, especially in Gresham, Oregon. For the past several months, complaints have been made and..."
- "I was interviewed for an Assistant Manager position with the owner Tarik, on Friday October 14, 2016 @ 10am. I was told that I was hired and was asked to..."
- "I'm giving this gym two out of five stars only because it's a really nice gym. Very nice layout, lots of space, plenty of equipment and for the most part,..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "My sister was eating cheddar and sour cream potato chips when she pick up this chip with blond hairs!!..."
- "The photos you're looking at are of a dead moth inside a torn ripped stained wedding dress that Colorado Bridal DBA D'Anelli Bridal in Lakewood, Colorado sold me for THOUSANDS..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."