1700 Regency Pkwy, Cary, NC 27518, USA

All service members, first responders, and anyone with the possibility of have an extended trip needs to stay very far way from Lifetime Fitness. This organization gives a great deal of lip service about supporting the military and service. I've been detailed out twice now in the last two years. Each time has been on short notice, with under 48 hours to prepare to leave. Each time, I've called the gym, and asked them to put my membership on a "hold" status, where the fees drop from approximately $200 a month to $25 a month. Each time, I have been promised it was done, and each time, it has not. After the fact, I was told I had to go into a gym to complete this transaction. Impossible when the closest gym is several hundred miles away.

The last incident, which occurred from Feb 2018 to April 2018 was the same. I called in after I was out of the area due to a rapid, urgent need. I called in, and told it would be taken care of. In May, then collection phone calls started. They called my local work office (which I was not at), my home, my cell, my wife, and my mother in law whom lives with us sometimes multiple times a day. I called and explained what was going on. They refused to make any adjustments unless I gave them a copy of my actual orders. These were not available for release, as with many. That was not acceptable for Lifetime Fitness.

I paid close to $400 just to get them to stop bothering everyone by phone. I was promised the account was to be put on hold when I paid these "past due fees". 30 days later, the phone calls started again. According to the new agent, there were "no notes and no promises". I must go into a club to make this transaction.

Everyone needs to stay away from this organization whom has the possibility of being recalled, detailed, or expect proper treatment of personnel whom may need to leave the area for an extended period.

I will be home for 3 days mid August. I will be taking part of the valuable time to go to the gym to cancel my family's 15+ yr membership, rather then spending it with my family.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Membership.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

All military are big kids all grown up!! Your not special your a undeveloped mind with only a strong back!!!

Be real??

Ask yourself what 20 year olds are smarter than all 50 year olds almost none. See reality hurts buddy

h.kitchener
@Anonymous

The "reality" is that for one so very smart, your spelling and English language skills are sadly lacking. Time for a refresher of 6th grade English composition, eg., "your" for "you're" or even "you are." So sad.