3.3
Additional Fees
Cleanliness
Equipment Quality

I joined Lifetime newly opened fitness Center in June 5, 2017, I actually followed a trainer to that Center from another, the facility is very beautiful, clean. I joined a center that takes $199 a month from me for myself and my two sons- This for me was the opportunity to make this fun family, healthy activity for my sons and I.

Well about 2 weeks ago I started working with a trainer online and he sent me a work out plan, this is the first time really lifting and so (my son-21 years old, who is a body builder shared he would work out with me so I can get used to this program, well my 3rd day into this program, this guy approaches my son and I working out, in the middle of the open gym with everyone around speaking loud enough, says "we cannot have any trainers in this center, unless they are a Lifetime trainer" I said to the guy Jay, listen first of all, I dont appreciate you interrupting my work out, 2nd, I dont appreciate you lack of professionalism to discuss a personal issue in front of other gym members, and 2rd thing is, this is my son and not a trainer, he was literally so uncouth and embarrassing to us that I got up and left to speak with the General Manager Michael Kern, who listened (or so I thought) after that conversation, i decided to go back to try and regain my composure, as soon as we were going upstairs, my son and I passed Jay, who was at that point telling our business to other colleagues, who then turned around and gave us the eye, as we walked upstairs further, 3 gym members who we barely knew but say huello in passing, came up inquiring "what was that about" by this time, I was so angry, I left and paid an extra $15 bucks to finish my work out at La Fitness. After giving this more thought, I decided to withdraw my membership due to the treatment we received from this location and the other locations are too far out to drive to, I shared with them about my cancellation, now the GM tells me, I have lost $199 dollars for the month of June since cancellation is 30 days, then share his solution to this would be for me to hire a Lifetime Trainer which is another $200 out of pocket, my son is a body builder and we are African Americans, I am 99% sure this border on racism, and they are friggin MAD to want to gorge money that way!

so I am beyond angry that my only reason for cancellation is due to the incident and the fact that we only just joined June 5th and thus incident happened on 11th. I want my money back and will keep climbing higher until someone listens to me and is able to credit that $199 back to my account.

Review about: Lifetime Fitness Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

It's hate for the people they dislike, not racism!! Immature undeveloped minds are there management!

they don't need your membership cause there is already a line at the door daily!! They know they can terminate your membership for no reason other than there employees don't like or want you there!!

It's that sick at many places currently, hate rules all... No racism there they like *** immature people

hope.sullivan
Pennsylvania, United States #1342276

I wish I knew how to give them 1 star, I cannot remove it but at this point they deserve no stars.