Westminster, Colorado
Resolved
2.4

BUYER BEWARE!!! After cancelling my membership due to a move, I did not notice I had a small balance (well under $100) with Lifetime which had been left unpaid because I use a separate bank account for all electronic and automatic bills.

I generally keep the balance low in that account and transfer monies in as needed. A little over a month after my membership terminated I received a letter from Lifetime informing me of the balance and offering to waive 50% of the outstanding balance if it was paid with in 10 days. As this was, indeed, just an oversight on my part I of course wanted to take the offer. However, when I logged into my bank account to transfer money so that I could pay this balance, I was disturbed to see an unauthorized charge pending in my bank account for the FULL amount of the balance owed to Lifetime.

Assuming this was a mistake that would be corrected with a quick call to their customer service; I was instead treated like an *** by a belligerent customer service representative who informed me that it is their right to automatically collect the FULL amount even though I was well within stated the 50% waiver period and then refused to allow me to speak with her manager. While I am still attempting have this matter resolved and would have paid the FULL balance; I am irreparably disgusted with Lifetime Fitness for incredibly poor customer service and shockingly unethical business practices. Had this not occurred I would have considered rejoining Lifetime if I were to live near one again in the future, however, I will now NEVER do business with them again.

Sadly this all over $32.16.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Unethical Business Practices.

Lifetime Fitness Pros: Good price for the actual club.

Lifetime Fitness Cons: Horrendeous customer service, Highly unethical billing policies, Billing practices, Horrendous customer service in billing department, Bait and switch practices.

Comments

#1192167

I called my local lifetime fitness and asked that they freeze my account due to a severe injury ( a small fee involved). Lifetime told me that i didn't have to freeze my account since it is medically related, they would note my account and that when possible I should take a doctor's note.

My coaches credit card kept getting debited each month.

Now they won't accept my doctor's note and want a letter from the doctor. $500 later....class action?

MelissaR73
#1191874

UPDATE: after speaking with the GM at the Westminster Lifetime Fitness, she was extremely disturbed by the experience I had and was very apologetic. She was able to work with the billing department to resolve the issue and I was indeed, refunded the correct amount to honor the offer Lifetime made.