Update by user Feb 26, 2013

Thanks for your kind comments, Sharon. When I went into cancel my membership at my local club, the woman I spoke with was very kind and couldn't understand why someone at their corporate office would be so rude.

Anyway, I've been able to resolve my issue with corporate. They actually took the time to talk to someone at my bank and verify that they hadn't gotten any transaction from them on 2/15. Because there seemed to be a computer error, they issued me a refund for part of the money that they took out. RE told me they use Chase Bank for their transactions and I really do think there is something hinky in CB's transaction system.

I decided to keep my Flex membership, but I'm going to have to monitor it all the time now to make sure nothing screwy happens with the membership dues. It's too bad.

I really think they have a nice facility in the exercise and pool areas, and I love the cafe. Oh, well.

Update by user Feb 20, 2013

"Anonymous": Are you saying whatever to me and using junior-high emoticons to me or to LT? Are you one of their employees?

:roll You must be. Otherwise, why would you denigrate someone's complaint about your precious company? Rest assured, my complaint with the BBB is now on file with them, and I am going to cancel my membership. Lifetimes has 204 billing complaints with the BBB.

:cry So you have fun with that. It's not just me. All Lifetime cares about is their money. I'll be so glad to end my experience with them.

I hope the girl I talked to this morning and Ryne Erickson lose their jobs. Kthxbye.

Original review posted by user Feb 20, 2013

I fell behind with my Lifetime Membership and I owed about $200. So, I called LT and set up a payment plan to pay off my outstanding balance.

I agreed to pay them $50 twice a month until it was paid off. I also agreed to a Flex membership at $10 a a month. Everything was fine until the payment came due for 2/15. I never saw LT post a transaction to my account for the amount due on 2/15.

My account is set up such that all automatic transactions that are not covered by the balance incur a $15 overdraft fee hold and if I don't add money to the account to cover it within 24 hours, then the overdraft fee stands. This morning (2/20) I had a $111 charge from Lifetime Fitness. I called customer service and talked to this "lady" whose name I think was Katie. She told me they tried to take the money out on 2/15 two times and it came back as insufficient funds.

That's what her computer said. That is a lie. I never saw the transaction go through on 2/15, 2/16 or any days prior to today. If it had shown up in my pending transactions and there hadn't been money to cover it, I would have gotten an overdraft fee for each attempt.

Then she said they tried to call me about it and they couldn't get in touch with me. I have checked my missed calls and I didn't see any calls from them. So, where do they get off making an unauthorized charge to my account. This customer service rep got very snippy with me when I tried to explain the situation to her, and she kept saying it came back as insufficient funds.

No, it didn't. If I had $111 in my account, doesn't it stand to reason that I also had $50 or $60? Anyway, they got their *** money. Katie told me I was threatening her and then cut me off and transferred me to her supervisor, Ryne Erickson, and told me to leave a message for him, which I did.

I also called back and got another customer service agent, Shawn, and he was more reasonable. I suppose since now they have their *** money that they won't call me back. I filed a complaint with the BBB about this. This actually happened to me a couple times before when I had the regular membership.

I never saw the transaction go through and then they'd send me a letter saying that there were insufficient funds. I think LT's payment system either has a bug in it or they're trying to scam people out of money.

Don't sign up with this gym.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Membership.

Comments

I am very sorry to see this happen to you. Unfortunately, this is what Life Time has come to now.

As a former Departmental Head, I can say I've had to disappoint, frustrate, and lie to customers many times. Not because I want to, but because I'd lose my job otherwise. Corporate continuously finds ways to cut costs at clubs, whether it be in customer service, amenities, or just not giving the club what it needs. Their employees are disgruntled and unmotivated because they are overworked and underpaid.

Many of them may only see a raise if state minimum-wage goes up.

I advice you to call the corporate office and express your frustration to see where that takes you. Again, I'm really sorry this happened to you.

#611949

whatever. :roll :?

@Anonymous

They high-pressure you to join and you can't dispute anything with them because they know all, and their billing system is so screwed up, they accuse you of not having the money to pay when they do. Then they tell you you're lying because their computer knows all. I hope the girl I talked to this morning and Ryne Erickson lose their jobs. Is your job at Lifetime just to sit around and troll the PissedConsumer boards.

Oh, my complaint with the BBB should be online soon. Kthxbye.