Mississauga, Ontario
3.0

I have joined Gyms in the past and the one thing i don't like is if you stop going the keep on collecting as a contract. Many people avoid this Gyms for this reason.

So they have to adopt other methods. I joined Life Time Fitness and was happy that they did not have a contract, and the place was nice so the monthly rate was somewhat justified though quite high ($150 per month). Also there was a $200+ so called admin fee to join and despite nailing you for this they still require 30 days notice which means your paying another $150.

It is the most expensive Gym that I have ever seen so if you don't need daycare or other amenities (like your just pumping weights or tread mill running) your wasting your money. Since i found the commute to be quite far for me I eventually canceled, but they convinced me to pay $10 per month for training online and videos - seemed fair, but then they ding you for $50 dollars sign up fee as if the $200 was NOT enough.

By the time i was finished with the whole experience i had already spent over $600 with these guys in just under 3 months. Of course I blame myself but I just want people to know that it is very costly if your plan to simply try out their Gym. In the end the cost is almost the same as paying a yearly contract at those prices.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifetime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Lifetime Fitness Cons: Pricing is front end loaded and prohibitive for a new user, Price when you consider only using tread and wieghts, 200 upfront charge for admin that took minutes, 150 per month should cover all.

Comments